Amy’s ultimate goal is to help others in making the mind-body connection, gaining greater awareness of their body as a whole. With this in mind, Amy is better able to help her clients in finding the core issues contributing to their Physical and/or emotional pain.
Amy’s philosophy is that in order to be “pain free”, we must also be healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
If we carry emotional baggage by holding on to anger, or have an unhealthy attitude, diet or lifestyle…we will struggle in finding the balance that it takes to completely heal from our pain. By paying attention to all of these things, we can live a happy and healthy life.
innerG.work incorporates cutting edge techniques, tools, and modalities to assist in your healing process so that you can achieve an outcome based on your needs.
Amy is inspired by others who are ready and willing to do what it takes to move, live, and feel better. This is what drives her on-going research and exploration for more efficient ways to address the whole body, for a solid outcome resulting in a more optimal life for her clients and herself!
Amy wants to share this passionate energy and educate you on ways to empower yourself so that you can live your best life!
After studying Psychology for four years at Eastern Illinois University, I knew that there was a better fit for me and that I was meant to do something different. This is when I decided to switch gears and go to Massage Therapy School.
I attended the Dayton School of Medical Massage, an accredited Massage Therapy program. In 2000, I took the State of Ohio medical board exam for massage therapy, becoming licensed.
Since then, I have been able to work and learn from a variety of Health and Wellness Practitioners. These opportunities have allowed me to learn many different approaches and techniques in helping people get out of pain. My curiosity and interest in how and why people were in chronic pain, led me to continue in my education.
Throughout my career, I have taken various continued education courses to advance my knowledge in anatomy, body mechanics, and pain, along with more focused courses related to specific conditions. In addition to these courses, I took the personal trainer certification course through AFFA, so that I could help my clients get stronger after resolving their pain issues.
Several years and many massages later, a transition in my life, brought my son and I to Carmel, IN.
Previously, I had been known for my deep tissue and sports massage in my practice before moving to Carmel. In starting all over, with a new business and a new clientele, I planned to work different and smarter. I wanted to avoid injury and prolong my career. It didn’t work! I was attracting clients that wanted deep tissue. They returned for appointments over and over again after beating up their bodies to have me dig into their sore muscles.
Although I was happy to have a steady clientele, I couldn’t keep doing this to my body, or my clients! The deep tissue work started to wear on me again, and my clients were obviously not resolving any of their pain issues.
I began reaching out to other Massage therapists and fitness professionals to see what they were doing in their practices and what kind of results they were getting with their clients.(especially the athletes)
Many of the therapists were having the same issue. This is when I discovered NKT (Neurokinetic Therapy). You can read more about NKT under services offered. I have certified in NKT level I, and have taken NKT level II.
In the NKT community, I was fortunate to connect with so many talented professionals from all over the United States. This is how I found the Voila Method of Structural Joint Balancing. This technique of assessment and correction, has taken me to a whole new level in helping my clients achieve pain relief! Structural Joint Balancing has changed the way in which I see and treat the body. This modality has led me on a path of self discovery and has expanded my mind in so many ways.
I have added other modalities to enhance the effects of my work. The combination of treatments that I have to offer are unique and powerful tools that you won’t find in this area.
Deep tissue work is still a request and I will provide this service. However, it is not necessary or even helpful to perform deep tissue massage to relieve pain…especially on individuals with certain pain conditions. This is why I ask new clients to complete the health history/intake forms online prior to the first appointment.
I will do my best to educate clients on how our bodies develop compensation patterns and loss of equilibrium. The source of our pain, most often is not the site of our pain, therefore, I will explore other areas of the body that could be contributing factors.
In mind, body, and spirit~
Why choose Amy:
- Highly motivated in finding the source of pain to help others achieve better movement and a better quality of life
- Amy provides a detailed assessment so that she may design a treatment specific to your needs
- Ohio license in Medical massage
- Certified by the State of Indiana
- Active member of the American Massage Therapy Association
- 17 years of experience working as a Medical Massage Therapist
- Solid networking with other Health professionals to offer clients a professional and sound treatment plan
- Continued education in several specialized modalities from some of the leading practitioners in the industry of pain management and rehabilitation
- NKT Level I certified (attended NKT level II seminar 2014)
- Voila Method of Structural Joint Balancing Level I – Certified in 2015
- Voila Method of Structural Joint Balancing Level 1.5 – attended course in 2016
- Brain-Move – Practical Neuroscience and human movement
- Accessing Universal Energy Course – 2016
- Incorporates other modalities when customizing client treatment plans to approach all aspects of healing in Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Years of experience in the organization and planning of On-site Corporate Chair Massage
- Offers employee self care workshops and onsite BioMat rentals/sessions
- Treats the body as a whole rather than working only on specific area
- Uses applied kinesiology muscle testing to assess. There is no guessing!
- Energetic and Emotional healing modalities may be incorporated
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (317) 447-1548